A baby-faced gangbanger got 15 years in prison for the killing of rapper Julio Foolio, who was hunted down and murdered as part of a gang beef.

Judge Kimberly Fernandez threw the book at Alicia Andrews, 23, for her role in the fatal shooting of Foolio — whose real name is Charles Jones II — on June 23, 2024 during the rapper’s trip to Tampa to celebrate his 26th birthday, according to a report by the Tampa Bay Times.

Andrews, who was 21 years old and just 5-foot-1, 110 lbs. at the time of her arrest, was convicted by a jury last year of manslaughter for stalking Jones with her boyfriend and co-defendant Isaiah Chance, as Jones went club hopping with his pals.

Andrews and Chance — who were from Julio Foolio’s hometown of Jacksonville — reported the rapper’s comings and goings back to their co-conspirators before he was ambushed by three gunman as he was sitting in a car outside of a hotel. The trio sprayed bullets killing Jones and wounding three others.

Andrews’ lawyer, Jeremy McClymont, asked the judge for leniency for Andrews’ “minor” role in the shooting.

However, Julio Foolio’s mother, Sandrikas Mays, said Andrews was just as culpable as the others.

“Whether she pulled the trigger or not, my son would still be alive today if she had not participated in carrying out the plan,” the mother said.

Mays argued Andrews was calculated in helping to target her son, and noted she followed through despite having opportunities to back out.

“Alicia’s family can see her,” Mays said. “They can talk to her. She can see her child, but I can’t see my child.”

Jones was allegedly the leader of the 6 Block gang based in Jacksonville and he made “drill” tracks mocking his gang rivals in gangs 1200 and Ace’s Top Killers (ATC), according to trial testimony.

The enemies saw that Julio Foolio was planning a trip to Tampa, and traveled from Jacksonville to follow him so they could retaliate as part of the years-long feud.

Andrews, 23, was tried on second-degree murder but the jury opted to convict her of manslaughter instead.

The max she faced was 15 years.

McClymont said Andrews maintained her innocence and they planned to appeal.

“Miss Andrews’ role is very much minor compared to those of her co-defendants in this case,” her defense attorney said. “We obviously believe the facts of this case don’t amount to a manslaughter charge.”

Earlier this month the four other defendants, Chance, Sean Gathright, Davion Murphy and Rashad Murphy were convicted on first-degree murder.

The jury blocked the death penalty against those defendants.

They all face a mandatory sentence of life without parole at a hearing next month.

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version