Close Menu
Get on News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • More Articles
Trending
Fox News Power Rankings: As Democrats turn left, Black voters tap the brakes

Fox News Power Rankings: As Democrats turn left, Black voters tap the brakes

Rotting food stench still hangs over neighborhood weeks after massive warehouse blaze

Rotting food stench still hangs over neighborhood weeks after massive warehouse blaze

Pro wrestling legend Matt Hardy shares advice he tells younger talent rising through the sport

Pro wrestling legend Matt Hardy shares advice he tells younger talent rising through the sport

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Get on News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • More Articles
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
Trending Topics:
  • US Election
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Ukraine War
  • Israel War
Get on News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • More Articles
United States

Military disables tanker trying to get through Strait of Hormuz after repeated warnings

News RoomBy News RoomJuly 26, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Military disables tanker trying to get through Strait of Hormuz after repeated warnings
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

U.S. military forces disabled a tanker trying to get through the Strait of Hormuz on July 24, stopping what officials said was a deliberate attempt to run a regional blockade after the crew repeatedly ignored warnings.

This strike marks one of twelve forced turnarounds of ships that attempted to breach the blockade and were subsequently redirected away from the Strait of Hormuz, the military said.

The military fired into the engine room of the M/T Lavine stopping the ship in its tracks, Captain Tim Hawkins, a spokesperson for CENTCOM told the New York Times. “The ship is no longer transiting to Iran,” Hawkins said.

“As of July 25, CENTCOM has redirected 12 commercial vessels trying to run the blockade, disabled 2 that didn’t comply, and boarded 2 to ensure total compliance,” the combat command said in a statement on X.

Hawkins emphasized that the crew had been warned after four previous attempts to circumvent the blockade. 

The move comes as President Trump called off a major escalation and reportedly paused after the 13th consecutive night of strikes, reportedly because of a diminished stockpile of antimissile interceptors, according to the New York Times.

American forces boarded the tanker M/T Charminar in the Arabian Sea to complete a compliance inspection — to ensure that the ship is not carrying prohibited goods — and after passing examination the ship is continuing on its voyage.

The military also released supporting video footage showing the U.S. naval operations in action. 

The approximately 42-second clip posted to X begins on an aircraft carrier flight deck with helicopters preparing for launch. 

It then shows armed military personnel fast-roping onto the deck of a commercial tanker at sea.

The name “CHARMINAR” is clearly visible on the vessel’s superstructure as Marines and sailors conduct the verification boarding. 

Later segments display black-and-white overhead targeting footage labeled “UNCLASSIFIED” and “M/T LAVINE,” capturing a bright explosion on the tanker’s deck and superstructure after the precision strike to disable the ship. 

Read the full article here

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link

Related News

Texas newborn whose surrogate refused parents’ abortion request undergoes ‘complex’ heart surgery

Texas newborn whose surrogate refused parents’ abortion request undergoes ‘complex’ heart surgery

August 18, 2026
CBP officers seize  million in illegal drugs at San Diego border ports, DHS says

CBP officers seize $67 million in illegal drugs at San Diego border ports, DHS says

August 18, 2026
Hayden Panettiere’s ‘second mother’ says actress ‘never stood a chance’ after being raised in Hollywood

Hayden Panettiere’s ‘second mother’ says actress ‘never stood a chance’ after being raised in Hollywood

August 18, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Latest News
Fox News Power Rankings: As Democrats turn left, Black voters tap the brakes

Fox News Power Rankings: As Democrats turn left, Black voters tap the brakes

Rotting food stench still hangs over neighborhood weeks after massive warehouse blaze

Rotting food stench still hangs over neighborhood weeks after massive warehouse blaze

Pro wrestling legend Matt Hardy shares advice he tells younger talent rising through the sport

Pro wrestling legend Matt Hardy shares advice he tells younger talent rising through the sport

Texas newborn whose surrogate refused parents’ abortion request undergoes ‘complex’ heart surgery

Texas newborn whose surrogate refused parents’ abortion request undergoes ‘complex’ heart surgery

Trending
Fox News Power Rankings: As Democrats turn left, Black voters tap the brakes

Fox News Power Rankings: As Democrats turn left, Black voters tap the brakes

August 18, 2026
Rotting food stench still hangs over neighborhood weeks after massive warehouse blaze

Rotting food stench still hangs over neighborhood weeks after massive warehouse blaze

August 18, 2026
Pro wrestling legend Matt Hardy shares advice he tells younger talent rising through the sport

Pro wrestling legend Matt Hardy shares advice he tells younger talent rising through the sport

August 18, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest news and updates directly to your inbox.

Advertisement
Demo
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
2026 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.