Close Menu
Get on News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • More Articles
Trending
Top Dems go silent as M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

Top Dems go silent as $4M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

Who Won ‘Survivor 50’? See Which Contestant Walked Away With  Million After Shocking All-Star Season

Who Won ‘Survivor 50’? See Which Contestant Walked Away With $2 Million After Shocking All-Star Season

Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran

Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Get on News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • More Articles
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Subscribe
Trending Topics:
  • US Election
  • Donald Trump
  • Kamala Harris
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Ukraine War
  • Israel War
Get on News
  • U.S.
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • More Articles
United States

Exclusive | Son of Sam killer David Berkowitz predicts he’ll go to heaven, tells The Post why he ditched parole hearing

News RoomBy News RoomMay 21, 2026No Comments5 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Exclusive | Son of Sam killer David Berkowitz predicts he’ll go to heaven, tells The Post why he ditched parole hearing
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Son of Sam serial killer David Berkowitz boldly predicted he’ll see heaven — sparking fury from a survivor of his reign of terror who angrily declared he only deserves a date with the devil. 

“My home is in heaven, not in the Bronx,” Berkowitz, 72, declared in a Saturday night email to The Post from the maximum-security Shawangunk Correctional Facility in Ulster County. 

Berkowitz has spent the last 48 years behind bars, where he says he found Jesus after a killing spree that left six New Yorkers dead and gripped the Big Apple in fear for more than a year.

And the sicko doesn’t appear to care if he ever gets out, even missing a parole hearing earlier this month while claiming he’s “already free” and “the only place I’m looking forward to going, is to heaven to be with the Lord.”

The declaration outraged Robert Violante, 68, who survived a bullet to the head from Berkowitz in 1977 while his date, Stacy Moskowitz, was shot dead. 

“That takes some pair of balls to say the least,” Violante said in an interview on Tuesday. 

“I sincerely doubt he is going to heaven. He is lucky he is not already in hell.”

The killer’s prediction came as he was set to face the parole board for the 13th time since 2002. 

But he admitted that “I am not seeking parole” after his 12th attempt at freedom failed.

“I opted not to attend. Right now, I have other things to do, which I feel are more meaningful.”

Berkowitz said he believes a higher calling brought him to prison, where he oversees a thriving congregation and preaches the gospel to troubled inmates. 

“My work is in prison where God has His people confined,” he wrote. “These men need guidance, help, and encouragement.

“I’m an elder, and this is my calling,” he added. 

His sentiment is a far cry from when Berkowitz terrorized New York City between 1976 and 1977, shooting six strangers dead and leaving seven wounded.

He claimed he was inspired to kill by a demonic dog that belonged to his neighbor, Sam Carr.

His murderous spree started on July 29, 1976, when a schlubby Berkowitz, then 23, emerged from the darkness and targeted Jody Valenti, 19, and pal Donna Lauria, 18, with a .44 caliber Bulldog revolver as they sat in a car.

Lauria was killed, and Valenti was wounded.

Within 12 months, Berkowitz struck several more times, leaving a trail of bodies in Brooklyn, the Bronx and Queens, with the press dubbing him “The .44 Caliber Killer.”

After killing couple Alexander Esau, 20, and Valentina Suriana, 18, the deranged killer left a note at the crime scene. 

“I am a monster. I am the Son of Sam,” Berkowitz boasted. 

“I love to hunt. Prowling the streets looking for fair game tasty meat.”

Discos were left empty as panicked New Yorkers were too afraid to go out at night. Terrified women cut their hair and bought blonde wigs when it emerged the maniac had a penchant for young women with long, dark locks. 

The loon even taunted the NYPD — who began a massive manhunt — in the tabloids. 

Then on July 31, 1977, Berkowitz struck for the final time, sneaking up and pumping bullets on Violante, then 20, and Moskowitz, 19, as the pair sat in a Buick Skylark after seeing the Martin Scorsese film “New York, New York.” 

Violante blacked out and woke to blood-soaked horror. 

“When I came to, I couldn’t see anything. My face was covered in blood,” he recalled to The Post in 2006. “The first thing I remember was Stacy moaning because she was shot in the head.”

Moskowitz died the next day.  

Violante was shot in the eye and estimated Tuesday that 90% of his vision is gone because of Berkowitz. 

While he prowled that night, Berkowitz finally slipped up, receiving a parking ticket near the crime scene and eventually leading enterprising detectives to his Yonkers home. 

“I am Sam. David Berkowitz,” he admitted to police.

Berkowitz, a post office worker in the Bronx, was sentenced to 547 years in prison, where he converted to evangelical Christianity

In front of the parole board in 2024, he said he made a “pact with the devil” during his rampage, according to a transcript obtained by The Post. 

“It sounds just so ridiculous now looking back at it, but I was thoroughly enmeshed in that mindset, and I was on a mission for human sacrifices, and I’m ashamed of that.”

Asked by The Post what he’d do if he received freedom, Berkowitz said, “I’m already free. Jesus, who is my lord and Messiah, has already set me free from the power of sin and Satan.”

But Violante, who retired years ago from working at a Brooklyn post office, thinks otherwise.  

“He is only going to go to hell one day,” he raged. “And that’s it.”

Read the full article here

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link

Related News

Top Dems go silent as M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

Top Dems go silent as $4M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

May 21, 2026
Rowdy teen takeover hits popular beach hot spot with wave of arrests, assaults, emergency curfew: video

Rowdy teen takeover hits popular beach hot spot with wave of arrests, assaults, emergency curfew: video

May 21, 2026
Mamdani needs .5B more in savings with 50-50 shot AI soon tanks NYC economy: comptroller

Mamdani needs $6.5B more in savings with 50-50 shot AI soon tanks NYC economy: comptroller

May 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Latest News
Top Dems go silent as M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

Top Dems go silent as $4M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

Who Won ‘Survivor 50’? See Which Contestant Walked Away With  Million After Shocking All-Star Season

Who Won ‘Survivor 50’? See Which Contestant Walked Away With $2 Million After Shocking All-Star Season

Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran

Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran

2026 NFL Odds: Ranking All 32 Teams By Games They’re Favored In

2026 NFL Odds: Ranking All 32 Teams By Games They’re Favored In

Trending
Top Dems go silent as M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

Top Dems go silent as $4M in attack ads hammer their candidate’s obscene history and more top headlines

May 21, 2026
Who Won ‘Survivor 50’? See Which Contestant Walked Away With  Million After Shocking All-Star Season

Who Won ‘Survivor 50’? See Which Contestant Walked Away With $2 Million After Shocking All-Star Season

May 21, 2026
Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran

Former White House envoy has warning for Trump on how not to get played by Iran

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest news and updates directly to your inbox.

Advertisement
Demo
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest TikTok Instagram
2026 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.